Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ravi ready to hit golden landmark


Ravi Kissen will soon hit a half century, not on the cricket field but on the silver screen.

When his latest film Aazaan hits the cinemas on October 14, the Bhojpuri star will clock 50 films in Bollywood. In the state capital to promote his film today, Ravi spoke at length on his latest venture and co-actor Candice Boucher, a former Playboy model.

Asked about his experience of working with the South African model, who debuts inAazaan, Ravi said: “I had a great time working with Candice. Though she is new to the industry, she knows a lot about it. She is also a great fan of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Candice is a very talented girl and displayed a lot of energy in front of the camera.”

Sachin Joshi, who plays the lead in the film, also accompanied Ravi. The duo flew down to the state capital this morning in a private aircraft. Though the superstar has been shooting for a Bhojpuri film in Gujarat, he took time out to promote his Bollywood venture that has been directed by Prashant Chadha of Aap Kaa Surroor fame.

Expressing his excitement about the film, Ravi added: “I am really thrilled as this will be my 50th film in Bollywood. I hope the audience likes my film.” Ravi plays an intelligence officer in the movie that was shot in seven countries — France, South Africa, Poland, Germany, Hong Kong, Thailand and Morocco.

“When I got the offer to act in the film, I didn’t know that I would have to visit so many countries to shoot it. I really enjoyed the experience of travelling to different places. I was also very excited about my character,” he added.

Joshi said he was also very excited about his debut film.

“The outdoor shoot was exciting. In one sequence, I had to jump off a 55-storey building. To have Ravi as a co-actor was a great help too, as he taught me a lot of things about action sequences,” said Joshi.

The young actor added: “I hope that people like me in my first film.”

Asked about its plot, Joshi said: “In the film, we depict China and not Pakistan as the greatest threat to India. The central theme is biological warfare and my character tries to save our country along with his friend, played by Ravi.”

The visit to Patna also gave Ravi an opportunity to enjoy Durga Puja and Dussehra. Ravi tried to seep in the festive mood in the city and he visited pandals at Dakbungalow Road, Boring Road, Jagdeo Path and Rajabazaar.

After pandal-hopping, the Bhojpuri superstar told The Telegraph: “I am lucky to have got the opportunity to pay my obeisance to Goddess Durga, thanks to the producer of my film. He gave me his aircraft and asked to come down to Patna to promote the movie. I will never forget this Dussehra. It has been very special for me.”
BY - AMIT BHILARI ( The Telegraphs)

No comments:

Post a Comment