Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ravi Kishan: It's payback time



In town, Ravi Kishan admitted to be finally getting his due in Bollywood. With a kitty spilling over with Bollywood and Bhojpuri films, the actor said politics can wait.

You cannot miss out on a presence called Ravi Kishan. Include him in a cast that boasts of multifarious names and his face is bound to stand out, the length of his role notwithstanding. And that's what happened in Mani Ratnam's "Raavan" post which, the actor's Bollywood " Luck" has taken a new twist.

"Shyam Benegal's " Welcome to Sajjanpur", "Luck" and, of course, "Raavan" changed things for me. I had been struggling for 20 years and now, Bollywood is paying me back," says Ravi, who was in town on Monday to shoot for the Bhojpuri version of "KBC" hosted by Shotgun Sinha. Continuing on the not-so-lucky response to the Mani Ratnam film, the Bhojpuri superstar adds, "I was disappointed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But from Monday onwards, I kept getting calls for work." And working, he is. Ravi has a chock-a-block schedule. While he is happy to have bagged the role of a RAW agent in " Agent Vinod", he also plays the same in "Azaan" for which, he has completed the last leg of shoot in Cape Town.

On Tuesday, I'll be back to shooting for "4084" with Naseer bhai (Naseeruddin Shah), KayKay Menon and Atul Kulkarni. I play a cop here. I must add that Naseer bhai had said, 'Ravi, you are like me, very spontaneous.' Coming from an actor of his repute, who is an institution in himself, is a huge compliment. Then, there is "Mohalla Assi" with Sunny Deol, where my character is called Kanni Guru Tiwari," fills in Ravi and spills more details on "Agent Vinod". "Saif and I go back a long way. We did "Keemat". And after 14 to 15 years, Saif called me up to offer this role in his home production. It was so nice of him and Sriram Raghavan to consider me for the part," the actor says.

Ask him if ever Kareena was a topic of discussion between the two of them and Ravi quickly adds, "Saif looked so happy in love, he looked like a happy husband. It would've been very silly on my part to ask him about Kareena."

Point noted. And while on the filmi journey, the actor adds that he has signed three more Bollywood ventures. "One is called "Ishak", based on the Romeo and Juliet love story. It also has Prateik Babbar. The other is called "Zilla Ghaziabad" with Sanjay Dutt, Vivek Oberoi and Arshad Warsi. I am not permitted to speak on the other project," says Ravi, adding that he has also been roped in for two song and dance reality shows.

Getting real then, the "Bigg Boss I" inmate confesses that though he would love to host the show, if offered he would "never be an inmate ever again". For one, who has his hands in many pies, Ravi is quite the
achiever having completed 150 Bhojpuri films, "now that six films of mine are ready for release" and 50 Bollywood ventures.

Films apart, the superstar had earlier been approached by the Congress to contest the elections. Ask him about his current political aspirations and Ravi says, "I've no time for politics now. I'm busy with my Hindi and Bhojpuri projects. In fact, the Congress heavyweights keep requesting me to contest the elections from UP but I've had to politely turn them down."

Cut to his "KBC" outing and Ravi excitedly adds, "I'm so excited to be with Shatru bhaiyya. He is the rockstar of Bihar. In fact, I want to start my show with a Shiv shloka and also recite a few dialogues from his films." One of those will be "Jali ko aag kehten hain. Bujhi ko raakh kehten hain. Aur us raakh se bani barood ko Viswanath kehten hain" and the other being, "Keh dena Chhenu aya hai".

Ravi also minces no words when talking about Shatrughan's daughter Sonakshi. "She's family, parivar ki beti hai woh. Let me add that after a long time, Bollywood has got someone in the league of Madhubala. She is a true blue Indian beauty. There's nothing Western about her."

So, how would it be to bag a venture with her? "It would be great if I am offered a film with Sonakshi. I've watched her in "Dabangg" nearly four to five times and I did SMS her about her performance," the actor speaks highly of the young Sinha.

It's soon time to call it a wrap. But before we do so, Ravi adds that Kolkata holds a special place for him, "This city made me a superstar. I shot my first Bhojpuri film opposite Arpita here. It's time I did a Bengali film." Amen, we say!

Source - The Times Of India ( Kolkata)

No comments:

Post a Comment