Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ravi skips cine award

Patna, June 8: (AMIT BHELARI) Bhojpuri star Ravi Kissen, who has acted in more than 200 films, did not attend the first Bhojpuri City Cine Award ceremony held in Mumbai. His absence, however, has raised questions and revealed an internal conflict in the industry.

Sources said Ravi had been invited to perform at the gala event at Rang Sharda Auditorium at Bandra, Mumbai, on June 6. However, the veteran actor did not agree to the conditions put forward by the organisers and thus boycotted the programme.

“There is a particular lobby in the Bhojpuri film industry that wants to put down Ravi Kissen. They are jealous of his success and his achievements. How can you think of any Bhojpuri award ceremony without Ravi Kissen? He has not only created an identity for himself but also attracted crores of fans with his talent and acting skills,” said a source in the film industry.

The source added: “This is an insult to him. He has been intentionally neglected. Else, conditions would not have been put before him to force him to opt out of the award ceremony.”

When The Telegraph spoke to the actor, he first refused to comment but then added: “I am not dying to get any award. My loyalty towards Bhojpuri cinema will always remain unchanged. My real awards are my fans who love me so much.

“But when it is a question of my profession, I cannot compromise because I know what I am doing. If I know it is wrong, my conscience will not allow me to go ahead with it,” said Ravi.

On being asked about the conditions that had been put forward by the organisers, Ravi refused to comment.

He said: “I do not think it will be appropriate to talk about the matter. I do not think that such things should be highlighted. It is not in the favour of Bhojpuri cinema.”

The award function was attended by most Bhojpuri film stars, including Manoj Tiwari, who bagged the award for the Most Popular Actor of the Millennium in the Bhojpuri film industry. His film Ranbhumi got the award for the Best Film.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110609/jsp/bihar/story_14087253.jsp

courtesy - The Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment