Monday, July 6, 2009

I am very choosy, when selecting films: Mohit



Mohit Ghai is perhaps one of the well-known name for Bhojpuria audience. He started his career with hindi film "Puchho mere dil se", and then he did one more "Ho jata hai pyar" before starting his career in Bhojpuri film industry.
At Bhojpuri film industry, he has done several films like "UP Bihar Bambai Express", "Chhaila Babu", "Saas Rani, Bahu Naukarani", "Jab lahu pukarela", "Laxmi aisan dulhin hamaar", "Rang li chunariya tohre naam", and "Krishna Arjun". Most of his films have got successful, and he now enjoys a huge fan-following. His last release was "Ham hayee khalnayak", which gave a new dimension to his career. We met him last week to discuss about his career.

Your films are doing quite well, how do you feel?

It is said that nothing succeeds like success, and I am feeling the same. I am thankful to the audience for supporting me and my films. Apart from them, I would like to thank my family and film makers as well.

Please tell us about your forthcoming film "Dharmatma".

In Dharmatma, I am playing lead with Ravi Kishan. This is basically an action-packed drama, in a romantic flavour.

You started your career as a solo actor, then why most of your films are multi-starrer?

There is no specific reason as such. I am also doing several movies alone. I had just completed "Bhajogini", as solo actor. As far as multi-starrer films are concerned, almost everyone is doing it. But, only six films in past three years of your career, any reasons?

I am very choosy, as far as films are concerned. I only sign the film, if I like the story. I would like to do better films instead of increasing the number of films.

What about Hindi films, did you stopped doing them?

No, I am still doing Hindi films. One of my Hindi movies "Sirf Romance, love by chance" is ready for release, where as shooting is on for another one named "Husband". Please tell us about your forthcoming Bhojpuri films? In Bhojpuri, "Dharmatma" is ready for release, and several films like "Bhagjogini", "Sanch bhail sapanawa hamaar" are in queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment